Thursday, April 14, 2016

Maturity and Me.

The first thing one gets when they hit their teens is a sense of independence. Whether it's choosing your bed time and chores or maybe an increased pocket money or something, anything. It's sort like a ritual you follow before your descent into teenage-hood. But what did I get a lecture on how it's high time and my maturity ( mentally ) is the need of the hour. All the people who gave it to me made it sound like the solution to all the problems of the world would be me getting mature. 

But I am punjabi by blood or you could say that I belong to that race of human beings who are more stubborn than a mule. And I decided to play this game by my own rules. So if you guys guessed it great and if you didn't well here's the thing, I decided that maturity is a big non no for me. And let me tell you it is an epic decision. 

 Maturity is the job of adults. For teens it's like a part time job, required partially only at certain times. Rest of the time we are supposed to be teens, confused by all the changes occur within us and around us. 

And the only way to escape this trap is to use the stories your parents tell you about their teen years. 

So remember the next time someone tells you to mature just show 'em your tongue and stop theirs from moving. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment